Hangovers are an unfortunate side effect of alcohol consumption. It can cause nausea, irritability, headaches, sensitivity to light and sound, and a general uncomfortable, sick feeling. A hangover can make anyone feel terribly ill.
Luckily, there are some ways to rid yourself of a hangover. Many hangover symptoms are caused by dehydration. Therefore, hydrating and replenishing your body with essential vitamins and minerals can help you feel good as new again!
The Myers' Cocktail
Ingredients in Our Hangover IV
At Lone Star IV Medics, we strive to provide our patients with fast and efficient mobile hangover symptoms.
Our most popular IV the Myers’ Cocktail rehydrates and restores vitamin levels after a night out. This infusion contains plenty of saline to rehydrate your cells, as well as vitamins that are great for hangover recovery. These include:
- Vitamin B complex: This mixture of vitamins includes B1, B2, B6, B12, and folic acid, all of which can help reduce fatigue and boost energy. Your body also uses B vitamins to process alcohol, so your body often needs to replenish these nutrients after a night of drinking.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin supports immune health and can help reduce inflammation in the liver.
- Glutathione: This antioxidant helps neutralize free radicals and eliminate some of the most uncomfortable symptoms of your hangover.
In addition to the vitamins in the Myers’ Cocktail, you can include vitamin add-ins to your IV. This allows you to target your worst symptoms, be it a migraine, nausea, or dry mouth.
How Hangover Treatment Works
When you make an appointment, we’ll send a team of healthcare providers to your home for some mobile hangover recovery. The team will assess your health and administer the IV, monitoring you the entire time.
Once the IV is in, all those vitamins and minerals head right into your bloodstream, where your body can quickly absorb them and start hydrating your body. IV therapy sees much faster results than a typical oral hangover relief, so you can expect to feel better in as little as 30 to 45 minutes.
Alleviate Your Hangover Symptoms
Although people may experience different symptoms after drinking too much alcohol, all hangover symptoms can be traced back to the effects alcohol has on the body. By countering these effects, IV therapy for hangovers can provide relief for the following hangover symptoms:
- Excessive thirst: The diuretic effects of alcohol lead to more frequent urination and subsequent dehydration, which can cause excessive thirst or dry mouth during a hangover. By introducing fluids directly into the bloodstream, IV drips can address dehydration more quickly than simply drinking water.
- Dizziness: Dehydration due to alcohol consumption can lead to symptoms like dizziness and lightheadedness, which can make you feel like the room is spinning.
- Headaches: Headaches accompanying hangovers can be caused by dehydration or expanded blood vessels, which is another symptom of excessive alcohol consumption.
- Nausea and vomiting: Alcohol has a number of adverse effects on the gastrointestinal system. It irritates the lining of the stomach, increases stomach acid production and slows the emptying of the stomach. These effects often lead to nausea, vomiting and stomach pain.
- Decreased appetite: As if the nausea wasn't enough to stop you from eating during a hangover, alcohol also creates an inflammatory response in the immune system, which can suppress appetite and lead to memory problems and a decreased ability to concentrate.
- Fatigue and irritability: Alcohol consumption can lower your blood sugar levels. As a result, hangover symptoms include fatigue, irritability, shakiness and weakness. Our hangover IV contains ingredients that boost energy and can help you overcome fatigue more quickly.
Schedule Your Mobile Hangover IV
No one should let hangovers spoil the rest of their weekend. Instead, call Lone Star IV Medics and get an IV hangover relief brought to your door. Schedule online for your appointment today.