1Do you take insurance?
All payments for clinical services provided by Lone Star IV Clinic will be processed through Lone Star IV Clinic. Lone Star IV Clinic is owned by a physician licensed in the state of Texas to practice medicine. Lone Star IV Clinic does not accept insurance; however, payment can be made via Credit Card, Debit Card, Cash, or Check.
2What IV package should I get?
The most popular IV package is the Myers’ Cocktail.
3How long does home IV therapy take?
Depending on the patient and what you receive, our IV appointments usually take anywhere from 25-45 minutes.
4What are your hours and service areas?
Our hours are 8am-8-pm, but 24 hour service may be available if nurses have availability. We serve most Major metropolitans. If you're near Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Lubbock, or Odessa we can likely serve you!
5Why is your IV yellow? Is this a banana bag?
• The B Complex that is added to every IV changes the color of the Saline. Drinking alcohol depletes both fluids and Vitamin B1; we replace this to help you recover faster. • YES! This is a Banana Bag!
6It’s 3 am, can you help me? I see on your website you are 24 hours.
• YES, subject to availability and location
• Additional after-hours fees may apply
• Additional after-hours fees may apply
7Who should get IV therapy?
Almost anyone! Dependent on your health history, most everyone will benefit from receiving a IV hydration.
8How often should I get IV therapy?
This is dependent on you and your needs.
- Some patients receive IV therapy drips weekly for wellness or detox
- Patients commonly have a few IV drips over several days to help fight off a chronic or acute illness, food poisoning, e coli, flu or other bacteria/virus
- Many patients find that getting an IV at the first sign of a migraine will lessen it's severity or prevent it altogether - some migraine sufferers even keep us on speed dial!
- Patients frequently call us as-needed for hangover recovery, athletic recovery, or to help with dehydration from working in the summer sun.
9I'm a hard stick - what if you can't get an IV?
All of our medical professionals are very skilled and seasoned at getting IV’s while using techniques and products to minimize pain as well. Since our IV services are not administered in an emergency situation, we can be patient in finding the best IV access. Although very rare, if we are unable gain IV access, we may still be able to help with our intramuscular medications.
10What age do you need to be for IV therapy at home?
We are able to treat patients who are ages 10 and older. The patient must be fully willing to receive the IV.
11Are you mobile?
YES! We are able to travel to your home, office or hotel without any travel fee if you are within the Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Odessa, or Lubbock metro areas.
12Do you accept tips?
Yes! Tips for our nurses are accepted and very much appreciated if you feel inclined to do so.
13Who is your most commonly seen patient?
We have many different patients that we see. General illness, fatigue, and dehydration are our most frequently seen patients, along with hangovers & food poisoning.
14How are you able to do this?
We operate under a strict set of protocols that our medical director has approved; all treatments are via his standing orders, as such you don’t need a Rx from your doctor. All of our medical professionals are healthcare providers who are certified, trained, and skilled to administer IV’s.
15Who should not get an IV?
• We cannot administer IV’s to patients that have CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) and Kidney Failure or CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease) renal failure, or those on dialysis. • Also, we will not administer an IV to any patient with abnormal vital signs or those experiencing a medical emergency.
16How often should I do a B12 shot?
B12 MIC shots are typically done weekly.
17What is Glutathione and what does it do?
• Master Antioxidant produced in the body • Nervous system health • Liver Health • Protects against free radicals and oxidative stress
18I’m on hospice, can you treat me?
YES! We have many hospice patients that we assist.
19MY HSA or FSA rejected my claim for my IV, what can you do?
All we can do is provide you a detailed receipt.
20Do you access ports?
No, we do not access ports.