If you’ve ever experienced a migraine, you know that it’s no ordinary headache. Characterized by severe pain, sensitivity to light and sound, and uncomfortable symptoms like nausea, migraines can turn your day on its head and leave you suffering in bed.
About 3-5% of Americans suffer from chronic migraines, and many of them are searching for something that can prevent or relieve their symptoms. If you struggle with migraines, we want you to know that you’re not alone — and that Lone Star IV Medics can help.
IV Therapy for Migraine Relief
Research shows that IV treatment for migraines can be effective at managing symptoms and relieving pain. This is because IVs send medication directly into the bloodstream, which allows the body to absorb it more quickly and in higher quantities than with an oral pill or supplement.
You can experience relief from nausea, headache, and other migraine symptoms in as little as 30 minutes when you use an IV for migraines. And when you get an IV from Lone Star IV Medics, you don’t even have to leave your home! We’ll send a team of registered nurses and paramedics to your home to administer your IV and help you manage your symptoms right from your living room.
What Triggers Migraines?
There are many potential causes of migraines. These can include:
- Hormone changes (particularly during menstruation, pregnancy, or menopause)
- Alcohol use
- Stressful situations
- Sensory stimuli like flashing lights or strong smells
- Intense physical exertion
- Lack of sleep
- Allergic reactions to food
- Severe weather changes
While the cause of your migraine may vary, many people can find relief with the right vitamins, which is exactly why IV therapy for migraines is worth a try.
Ingredients in Our Migraine Relief
We recommend patients use our Myer’s Cocktail for migraines. This mix of vitamins and minerals contains many key nutrients to relieve migraine symptoms, including:
- Vitamin B complex and B12: Research on vitamin B12 and other B vitamins suggest that they can reduce the severity of migraine with aura. Vitamin B-12 is also a common treatment for preventing migraines from occurring.
- Magnesium: Magnesium sulfate can help relieve pain and nausea in patients with migraines with aura and reduce sensitivity to light and sound in patients with migraines without aura. It’s also effective at preventing migraines with regular use.
We also offer a variety of vitamin add-ins you can use to target your specific symptoms. Add vitamins that will relieve your nausea, or add minerals meant to boost your energy. For migraines, we recommend the following medications:
- Toradol (ketorolac): This anti-inflammatory medication is more potent than ibuprofen, which makes it a more effective pain reliever for migraine sufferers.
- Zofran (ondansetron): This anti-nausea drug can help reduce nausea and vomiting in migraine patients.
Before you know it, that migraine will be gone and you’ll be back on your feet!
Schedule Your IV For Migraines
Don’t let migraines keep you from living your life. Contact us today to schedule your IV for headaches and migraines and find some relief that you can count on.