You know the tell-tale signs of cold and flu season — and if you’re like us, you spend this time of year desperately trying not to get sick.
Look, we get it. You have a busy life with lots on your plate. You simply don’t have time to get sick! That’s why our healthcare providers have developed an IV therapy that can help you survive flu season. In addition, using IV therapy for colds and flu could help you become healthier by the season’s end.
Popular IV For Symptoms associated with Cold and Flu
If you're struggling with symptoms from the cold or flu, our most popular IV is the Myers' Cocktail IV. This package has a blast of vitamins, antioxidants and fluids to help boost your energy, alleviate nausea and vomiting, and help you feel better.
Alleviate Common Symptoms Associated with the Cold and Flu
The most common symptoms of the common cold or the flu — nausea, fatigue and weakness, sneezing, sore throat — can upend your life and make you feel terrible. However, there’s one silver lining: Many of these symptoms can be alleviated if you rehydrate.
That’s exactly what our IV fluids for colds seek to do. We send saline mixed with essential vitamins and minerals into your bloodstream, so your body can readily absorb the nutrients and fluids you need to feel better and heal fast.
And that’s not even the best part. With our mobile IV services, you can get your flu therapy at home. There’s no bundling up and braving the elements to get your cold and flu medication. All you need to do is relax on the couch and let the IV work its magic.
Here are some of the most common symptoms of cold and flu that you might experience:
- Sore throat: A sore throat can indicate either a cold or the flu and can result from irritation caused by repeated coughing. With the flu, a sore throat often starts out feeling scratchy and worsens over time.
- Nasal congestion: Both colds and the flu can prevent the sinuses from draining properly, resulting in a stuffy or runny nose.
- Sneezing and coughing: Sneezing more than usual is an early sign of a cold, but sneezing and persistent, dry coughing can indicate the flu as well. The influenza virus irritates nerve endings in the body's airways, causing these and other respiratory issues.
- Fatigue and weakness: If you have a cold or the flu, you may feel tired and achy. Fatigue and weakness are some of the earliest signs of the flu, and they tend to be more severe than fatigue caused by the common cold.
- Fever: A fever above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit distinguishes the flu from cold viruses. Fever may be accompanied by sweating and chills.
- Headache: A mild headache or migraine is a common symptom of a cold, and a headache around or behind the eyes can accompany the flu.
IV for Symptoms Associated with Cold and Flu
If you’re feeling flu symptoms coming on or looking to avoid getting sick, which IV therapy should you use?
The Myers’ Cocktail is our best-selling IV package, offering an ideal blend of vitamins, minerals, and fluids to fight off illness.
This IV therapy is ideal for colds and flu because it floods your cells with plenty of important nutrients that will support your immune system and alleviate your worst symptoms. In fact, the Myers Cocktail has helped many patients suffering from symptoms associated with migraines, morning sickness, and other nasty illnesses.
Ingredients in Our Cold and Flu IV Therapy
So, what’s in the Myers’ Cocktail? This IV therapy package includes:
- Vitamin B-12: This vitamin can help reduce fatigue, as well as headache and migraine symptoms.
- Vitamin B Complex: This mixture of vitamins includes B6, riboflavin, and folic acid, which can help boost energy production and help you feel more alert.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin supports your immune system while improving your muscle, bone, and blood vessel health.
- Zinc: This mineral will help your body resist infection.
- Magnesium: This mineral helps support the circulatory system.
- Glutathione: This immunity booster fights free radicals and helps keep the body healthy.
- Saline: Fluids and rehydration are the key to helping your body eliminate cold and flu symptoms and heal faster.
Contact us today to book your appointment and stay healthy this flu season.
Schedule an Appointment With Lone Star IV Medics
Cold and flu symptoms shouldn't drag you down longer than they have to. If you're feeling under the weather, let Lone Star IV Medics help by providing fast-acting symptom relief through an IV treatment for cold and flu. Once they arrive, our healthcare providers will assess your symptoms and take your vital signs before we implement an IV to ensure you get the treatment for your needs. Schedule online, call us at (214) 470-2008, or text us to schedule an appointment now.