Nausea can make any day more difficult. Whether your churning stomach leads to vomiting or simply leaves you queasy all day, the discomfort can affect everything you do — and it often feels like there’s nothing you can do about it.
But we’ve got good news — you can do something to relieve your nausea! Our team offers IV medication for nausea and vomiting that can help reduce your symptoms and make you feel good as new.
What Can Cause Nausea and Vomiting?
Several conditions can cause nausea and vomiting. You might have a nasty stomach bug, food poisoning from something you ate or a migraine. Or maybe you’re dealing with stress and anxiety. People with hangovers or morning sickness can also experience vomiting or nausea that can last all day.
Whatever the cause, nausea is often a sign that your body is low on some key nutrients. For example, low levels of vitamin B12 or magnesium can make you feel queasy. Similarly, losing fluids after vomiting can make you feel even worse.
Our team knows how miserable nausea can make you feel. That’s why we’re always ready to help our patients recuperate with IV fluids for vomiting. Some of the most common causes of nausea include:
- Infection and illness: Many bacterial infections and viral illnesses can cause nausea and vomiting, including stomach bugs, food poisoning and ear infections.
- Morning sickness: This type of nausea and vomiting occurs during pregnancy, usually during the first trimester. Morning sickness can be triggered by certain odors, foods, heat or even nothing at all.
- Medication side-effects: Chemotherapy causes nausea in many cancer patients, and other medications can upset the stomach and lead to nausea as well. Reading the medication information and talking to your doctor can help you determine whether your nausea could be related to a new medication.
- Motion sickness: A bumpy car, boat or train ride can cause nausea when the movement sends messages to the brain that don't match your perception.
You should seek emergency medical assistance if any other concerning symptoms — such as chest pain, confusion, blurred vision or severe abdominal pain — accompany your queasiness.
Receive an IV for Nausea From Lone Star IV Medics
How does an IV help with nausea? IV therapy gives your body fluids, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes. This can help restore your body and reduce your symptoms so that you can return to your usual, nausea-free self.
Patients struggling with nausea and vomiting can try the Myers’ Cocktail. This blend of vitamins and minerals contains everything you need to feel your best, including:
- 1,000 ccs of saline: Dehydration can result in feelings of nausea. This is because your body isn't getting enough water to aid your digestion, causing your stomach contents to want to come back the other way. The saline solution in your IV can provide quick hydration to aid your body and reduce nausea.
- Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 can help reduce the frequency of vomiting and help you gain more energy after losing nutrients.
- Vitamin B complex: Vitamin B complex consists of vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6. The combination of these vitamins — particularly vitamin B6 — can improve your nausea symptoms.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is a primary immune builder, which is especially helpful if your nausea is flu- or illness-related. Extra vitamin C can give your body an energy boost and help ward off invaders.
- Zinc: Zinc is another helpful immune system booster and can heal your gut by soothing your digestive system.
- Magnesium: Nausea can result from low magnesium, so naturally, taking more magnesium can have a positive effect on your upset stomach. This mineral can also help your body fight infections — another cause of nausea.
- Glutathione: Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant that can help reduce nausea by detoxing your body's chemicals, toxins and other inflammatory agents.
Best IV Meds for Nausea
If you’re feeling really queasy, we can add some extra IV nausea meds to your package. This additional dose of anti-nausea IV medication will address your symptoms quickly while the vitamins and minerals restore your body and improve your overall health.
One of the best — if not the best — IV medications for nausea is Zofran. Zofran works with the serotonin neurotransmitters in your body's nervous system to help stop nausea. When added to your IV infusion from Lone Star IV Medics, this medication can start to work within minutes, bypassing the digestive tract and removing the risk of further nausea by swallowing a pill.
Receive High-Quality IV Therapy for Nausea With Lone Star IV Medics
Whether you’re fighting off the flu, recovering from a wild night out or anything in between, IV fluids for vomiting can help you shake off your nausea. We use high-quality ingredients and work with skilled and experienced healthcare providers, so you can be sure that you’re always safe during treatment from us.
And the best part is that you don’t have to leave the house! We know that driving to a doctor’s office or clinic when you’re nauseated is difficult — and that motion sickness could make your queasiness worse. That’s why we will send a team to your house and give you IV nausea medication from the comfort of your own home.
Ready to feel better than ever? Visit our website today to learn more about our services and schedule an appointment online. There’s always a nearby team ready to help!