If you're reading this, there’s a good chance you’re dehydrated. We're not kidding; about 75% of Americans are dehydrated all the time. This chronic lack of fluids can have significant impacts on your body, resulting in fatigue, headaches, and generally poor health.
So, what can you do about it? Obviously, you can drink more water — but when those symptoms of dehydration strike, you need something that will bring faster relief, such as IV hydration. Our team will provide a mix of vitamins and fluids for hydration right to your door.
Featuring The Myers' Cocktail
Signs of Dehydration
Dehydration is particularly common when you're dealing with an illness, recovering after a tough workout, or reeling from a night of heavy alcohol use. It is also a common risk for infants, children, and individuals with diabetes.
But how do you know if you’re dehydrated? Watch out for these signs of dehydration:
- Thirst: When you feel thirsty, your body is telling you to grab a glass of water and replenish those lost fluids.
- Lightheadedness: If you feel dizzy after standing up, there's a good chance you might need a drink of water.
- Fatigue: Your body can't run effectively without enough water. When you feel fatigued or sluggish, it's possible that your body needs some water to re-energize it.
- Headache: Dehydration can trigger headaches and even migraines in some people
- Dark-colored urine: Healthy, hydrated urine should be almost clear, so if your urine is turning yellow (especially dark yellow) you need water right away.
Benefits of Hydration Infusion
The most popular IV for dehydrated patients is our Myers’ Cocktail. This IV therapy treats symptoms associated with dehydration quickly and effectively, helping you get back on your feet and feel great in as little as 30 minutes!
What’s in The Myers’ Cocktail?
- Saline: Each IV package includes saline to fill your body with much-needed fluids.
- Vitamin B complex and B-12: These vitamins can help restore energy and alleviate fatigue.
- Magnesium: This is an essential electrolyte for efficient hydration.
- And other vitamins designed to help you become as healthy as possible
Alleviate Symptoms Associated with Dehydration With IV Therapy
Dehydration can become dangerous if left unaddressed, so it's important to understand the signs and symptoms, which include:
- Feeling thirsty: Thirst is often the first noticeable sign of dehydration. When you're dehydrated, your mouth may also feel dry or sticky.
- Lightheadedness: Lightheadedness and dizziness can also indicate dehydration. You may also feel weak or delirious. If you feel dizzy when you stand up and that feeling doesn't go away after a few seconds, you should contact a medical professional.
- Fatigue: In addition to lethargy and unusual tiredness, dehydration may cause confusion, irritability and difficulty concentrating.
- Headache: Dehydration may lead to headaches, trigger migraines or prolong existing migraines.
- Urinary symptoms: Passing urine less often than usual — or having dark-colored urine — can point to potential dehydration.
It's a good idea to drink water or fluids with electrolytes as soon as you notice any of these symptoms. That said, in addition to oral rehydration, you might consider an IV for dehydration to address moderate to severe symptoms and restore balance to the body quickly. An IV can be particularly helpful when symptoms like vomiting make it difficult to rehydrate normally.
IV fluids typically include a sterile saline solution, as well as vitamins and minerals to address a patient's specific needs and medications to manage other symptoms.
Tips on How to Stay Hydrated
If you want to feel healthy and strong all day long, hydration is an absolute must! Here are a few tips on staying hydrated:
Start and End Your Day with Water: Make a glass of water part of your morning and nighttime routines. If you have a glass first thing in the morning and right before bed, you’ll be certain to get at least some of your recommended daily intake.
Carry Water Everywhere: These days, it’s easy to bring a water bottle with you everywhere you go. Get a reusable bottle that’s easy to carry (and large enough that you’re not constantly refilling), and make sure you have it with you at work, the gym, or out with friends.
Eat Your Water: Plenty of foods have high water content, like watermelon, strawberries, celery, and spinach. Incorporate these foods into your diet to enjoy healthy, delicious, and hydrating meals.
Call Lone Star IV Medics: Our team of healthcare providers are here to help you quickly rehydrate and replenish your body’s nutrients.
Contact us to book an IV therapy appointment to address your dehydration today.
Schedule an Appointment With Lone Star IV Medics
When you reach out to Lone Star IV Medics, our trained and compassionate healthcare providers will arrive at your location quickly, assess your symptoms, take your vital signs, and administer an IV formulation designed to rehydrate your body and address any other conditions. We're standing by to provide the IV fluids you need wherever you are in the DFW area. Easily schedule online or call or text us at (214) 470-2008 to request an IV for dehydration now.